HLTAID012 Provide an Emergency First Aid in an Education & Care Setting
Training Location: Tweed Heads South NSW and Currumbin QLD.
Onsite Training at your location is available – Click here to book
This course is ideal for those who work in the education and childcare industry, as well as parents and carers of young children. The Education and Care First Aid course is nationally recognised training and has been endorsed by ACECQA as satisfying all education requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training.
To view dates, pricing and book online 24/7, click on the book online button below.
Once you book, an automated email is sent to you. Please check your Junk folder if our email doesn’t arrive in your In box. We recommend you use a Gmail email address.
Participants will also be required to undertake practical training and assessments at floor level. This includes demonstrating CPR on a manikin for a period of two minutes. If you have poor mobility or a current injury please discuss this with us prior to booking.
Note: Please wear closed in footwear and appropriate clothing. Participants under the age of 18 are required to provide a consent form completed by their legal guardian for our public courses.
- Legal Issues and Infection Control
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Ensure casualty feels safe, secure and supported.
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- choking – child and infant
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Duty of care requirements
- Own skills and limitations
- Awareness of potential need for stress management techniques and available support for rescuers and children
- General signs and symptoms of acute illness in children and infants
- Emergency action plans for known medical conditions, including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Age appropriate communication and distraction techniques
- First aider response to basic physiological differences in children.
- Treatment of poisoning, including venomous bites and stings
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma
Requirements for Completion
Participants are required to attend 100% of this first aid training and successfully complete all online assessments prior to the practical component.
This course is assessed through pre-course online activity which must be completed prior to your practical class course day.
Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and verbal questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios related to the course content.
Certificates are issued the same day (exception on Saturdays) providing the online theory has been completed with a pass and attendance to the practical training. Certificates are emailed to the email provided during enrolment.
*Note, it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor. Please notify us prior to the course if you are unable to kneel on the floor.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following units of competence:
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support,
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
HLTAID012 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Public Course Training at Coolangatta First Aid.
Workplace onsite training including Sydney – Central Coast – Newcastle – Hunter Valley – Tweed Heads and Gold Coast QLD.
If your school, company or group are not located in those regions please contact us to confirm.
Three (3) years from the date of issue. You are required to undertake annual CPR refresher training.
Our comprehensive student management system will remind you approximately 1-2 months before your CPR or First Aid Certificate is due to be refreshed.