HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
2 Locations, Tweed Heads South NSW and Currumbin QLD
Onsite Training at your business or workplace is available
Click here to book
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, participants will obtain a First Aid certificate that is valid for three years.
To view dates, pricing and book online 24/7, click on the book online button below.
Once you book, an automated email is sent to you. Please check your Junk folder if our email doesn’t arrive in your In box. We recommend you use a Gmail email address.
Note: Appropriate WHS approved footwear and clothing is required (closed in shoes and comfortable ‘work suited’ clothes). Participants under the age of 18 are required to provide a consent form completed by their legal guardian.
- Legal Issues and Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
Requirements for Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised approved statement of attainment for the following unit of competence:
HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
*Note: This unit of competency incorporates the content of HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life support.
Onsite Training at Coolangatta First Aid.
Workplace onsite training including Sydney – Central Coast – Newcastle – Hunter Valley right up to the Sunshine Coast QLD. If your school, company or group are not located in those regions please contact us to confirm.
Three (3) years from the date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.
Our comprehensive student management system will remind you approximately 1-2 months before your CPR or First Aid Certificate is due to be refreshed.